Sunday, November 23, 2008

Real Deals




Friday night I had an opportunity to market my massage practice.
I know, I know, enough of the massage talk.
Right now, it's what I've got.

Anyway, I was invited to do chair massage at a store called, Real Deals. It's a home decor store and it's very unique on a couple of levels. First, the products it sells are pretty affordable. It's country style decor, but with an upscale feel. If it's not your style you still can find unique gifts here.

The store is only open 2 days a week, and then they do private parties. You know like those home parties you throw except it's in the store.What's not to like about that? It's closed for you and your guests. I really like that idea because I have come to hate crowds, especially when shopping.

I set up in a little nook which was under a pergola draped with some sheer fabric. It was a very cozy spot. It was a perfect people watching spot. At first shoppers would walk by and smile. Everyone was waiting to see who would go first. It turns out my first and favorite client was a 13 year old girl who just made the basketball team. She was very excited and very sore. I love listening to kids talk. This girl had such a passion for life and her sport. It was infectious.

The store has lots of clocks, I mean a lot of clocks. Every style imaginable. It had a lot of retro-farm, Little House on the Prairie, Nellie Olson general store items. Seasonal items rotate with, get this, the season. Ha! The one thing that I thought was expensive is the furniture. I was next to a fake antique writing desk, which I loved, for $950.00. It was pretty, but not just under a thousand dollars pretty, and fake to boot.

I wonder what they call fake antique furniture. Faketique? Anfake? If I say anthrax in my blog will I get a new following of people like the FBI, CIA, IRS ( I didn't buy anything), DEA?

As I said, my little nook was the perfect people watching spot. The ladies had wine, beer and appetizers. The wine was served in plastic champagne glasses. It was awesome. I saw a few spills and stumbles. You know these ladies came for the booze and a girls night out, not to shop. Even so, there were a lot of sales made and as the night went on I gave about six massages and maybe gained a client. I hope.
A lot of the ladies were making plans about where they were going to go afterwards to finish off the night. The funny thing is I felt so cozy and at home here I just wanted to stay and decorate my future-house-in-the-mountains-to-be. I guess I did my time going out and wanting to be anywhere but home. Now, I love being at home and feel quite safe there.

You should check out the web site to see if there is a store near you. If not, then you might want to consider buying one. http://www.realdeals.net/ If you buy one, I will tell you my address where you can ship my fake writing desk for a thanks for telling me about my business gift.

No comments: